Building a game is as difficult as it is fun. We need your help.
We’re looking for an excited, engaged and enthusiastic Game Developer to join us full time at Apoapsis Studios headquarters in Malmö, Sweden. We’re a newly founded studio with our sights set on grand plans in a near future and we want you to join us on the journey! With the recent release of our first title (as Early Access), Airport CEO, we want you to join in on the continued development and scheduled full version release while forging ideas for our next project. You will become employee number three at Apoapsis Studios, meaning a golden opportunity to have a huge impact on the studio’s future games and business development but also an equally huge responsibility to collaborate closely with the rest of the studio while working autonomously and taking full responsibility for your own part of the Apoapsis Studios game ecosystem. With offices located at DevHub in Malmö, you’ll be working in the melting pot of Sweden’s game industry and have your work impact hundreds of thousands of players across the globe.
What you will do
- Build and design games from early idea to full release
- Develop data driven and performance by default game architectures enabling smooth data intensive simulations
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our products by innovating script execution and rendering technologies
- Play an important role in the continued development of the Apoapsis Studios organization and culture
- Work in an agile environment with short feedback loops and an all-encompassing community focus where transparency is key
- Have a lot of fun
Who you are
- You love playing and discussing games and have an interest in the game industry
- You are comfortable writing C# code and is interested in keeping up with the current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are familiar with Unity
- You have familiarity working with modern software architectures and tooling and enjoy seeing hundreds of thousands of players experiencing your creations
- You are familiar with software engineering practices like design patterns, entity component systems, data structures, algorithms or multi-threading as well as understanding how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- You enjoy familiarizing yourself with new, complex code bases and have no major issues dealing with and solving technical debt
- You enjoy taking responsibility and making autonomous decisions
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English
Tasty bonus experiences we value (but are not required)
- Previously designed, built and released a game
- Designed and built complex- and data intensive UI using modern UX toolsets
- Development for iOS and Android
- Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender or 3ds Max
- Shader development
- Audio engineering, community management, Scrum or other agile certification
- Multiplayer/network programming
- Debian GNU/Linux (server), ssh/bash, AWS Lightsail, Discourse, HTML/CSS/JS, Webflow or MS Exchange
What we offer
- A creative and friendly environment in which you will quickly see the impact of your work
- Various benefits such as occupational pension, very flexible working hours and wellness grant (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Visits to national and international game conferences
- An evolving company culture with a lot of possibilities to influence
If reading this job posting got your blood flowing a little faster, immediately send us your application to jobs [ a t ] apoapsisstudios [ d o t ] com with a short introduction of yourself (cover letter not required) and your CV.
Good to know when applying
There’s no application deadline, application reviews start on 2018-11-06 and last until the position has been filled; apply as soon as possible! Starting date will be agreed upon at point of hire but we’d like to have you with us as soon as possible. Full-time employment is contingent on a successful six month trial period. The position is not offered remotely and requires you to work in our offices in Malmö (we’d also prefer to meet you under very relaxed conditions face-to-face in Malmö). We do not offer any relocation packages.
Apoapsis Studios takes equality very seriously. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.